34th EUROPEAN STUDY GROUP
THE 34th EUROPEAN STUDY GROUP
INDUSTRY HAS FINISHED
SUMMARY OF PROBLEMS CONSIDERED AT RECENT STUDY GROUPS
- AKZO Nobel: Instability in fibre drawing
- Eldim: Laser drilling
- KPN Research: Default logic in telephone services
- KPN Research: ADSL modems
- Nederlands Meetinstituut: The t-factor for a non Gaussian distribution
- Dr Daniel den Hoed Kliniek: Pattern recognition in CT scans
- TRESPA: Pressing of a corner profile
- SCAN technology: Feature recognition in 3D-scanning.
- Danish Maritime Institute: Dynamic Positioning System.
- Danfoss: Scroll optimization.
- Lego: How to build with Lego.
- Grundfos: Mixing of clorine in swimmingpools.
- Danisco: Temperature and moisture gradients in sugar silos.
- Elkem: Thermo-electrical stability in an electrode
- Opto-electronics Research Centre: Diffusion of titanium into
sapphire in the fabrication of miniature lasers.
- Pilkington: Visco-elastic behaviour of glass
- Quantisci: Flow of swelling clays in narrow cracks
- Rolls Royce: Linear friction welding
- Snell and Wilcox: Efficient polynomial approximation of
- Unilever: Simulation of free surface flow and heat exchange
in a partly filled reactor
- AKZO: Optimal blower design
- WS Atkins: Cracking and buckling in ship bulkheads
- AEA Technology: Risk estimates (obtained from highly skewed
- ELKEM: Electrode paste briquette softening
- ELKEM: Homogenisation of thermal and electrical properties
of the Søderberg electrode
- Food Sciences: Determining thermal properties of food
- Food Sciences: Micro-waving food
- ICI: Mudcracking in drying paint
29th ESGI: University of Oxford, 1996
- BT: Mobile radio propagation using ray tracing methods
- Courtaulds Coatings: Powder deposition from a charged cloud
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratories: Gas retention and
release mechanisms in a waste tank
- Nuclear Electric: Simplified methods of assessing the impact
of grid frequency dynamics upon generating plants
- Shelter: Modelling homeless populations
- Du Pont: Void elimination in screen printed thick film
- Greycon: Pattern reduction in paper cutting
- Perkins Technology: Temperature of a diesel fuel spray
at injector nozzle hole exit
28th ESGI: University of Cambridge, 1995
- British Gas: Gas jet hitting a wall in a cross flow
- Domino Printing: Ink drying in inkjet printers
- Domino Printing: Design of a molded valve
- Elkem: Temperature variations and control of a calciner
- MAFF: Prediction of freezing times of foods
- Pilkingtons: Bubble bursting in molten glass
- Riskcare: Bond sweeteners
- Schlumberger: Reduction of valve wear in proppant pumps
- UBS: Risk/reward