problems for MISG 2004
(as at 23 December 2003)
Strip temperature in a metal coating line
annealing furnace (NZ Steel)
- to predict and control strip temperature
during annealing- essential for ensuring product quality.
2. Modelling of a poultry shed (NRM/Tegel)
- to provide underpinning decision support
for the modelling of the energy exchange between the growing chickens
and their shed environment.
wind farm generation (Transpower NZ Ltd)
- develop an algorithm to forecast
wind farm electrical output from real-time to a day ahead, considering
operational and meteorological characteristics.
damage in underground roadways (Solid Energy Ltd)
- provide a model that can relate
risk/damage to underground roadways occurring from earthquake waves of
varying depth, intensity and incidence.
rates of wilding trees (Environment Canterbury)
- provide a predictive model determining
propagation rates of wilding trees as a function of environmental parameters
so as to assist in planting and control strategies.
sorting of product into fixed weight packaging (Compac Sorting Equipment
- develop a robust routine for calculating
categories of produce by weight and develop the software for implementation,
using a "learning by experience" algorithm.